Why does Microsoft EDGE keep crashing?
MS Edge offers a lot of improved features with stability. It is compatible with Windows 10 and higher Windows OS. However, like any other browser such as Google Chrome, it can also encounter certain glitches leading to the intermittent issues of page crashing, freezing and abrupt shutting down. If you are also one among the Edge users and are facing such problems then you need not worry. You will get the right solution to fix MS Edge crashes and freezes issue in this post. Users are advised to follow the solution mentioned here and accomplish it exactly in the similar manner.
Actually crashing of the browser can be due to a lot of factors. Incompatible Browser extension, add-ons in the Edge browser, Cache related problems are said to be the major reason for crashing of the Edge browser. So users need to delete the Browser Cache in Edge. Incompatible browser extensions can also be another reason for the same and this is why users need to disable the extensions by selecting one by one to find out the faulty extension. You can also disable all the extensions and reload Edge browser to check if its working fine or not after disabling the extensions.
Watch this Video Tutorial:
How to Delete Browser Cache
- Firstly users need to Launch the Edge Browser
- Then Open the ‘Settings and more’ menu option
- Finally users need to Go to the ‘Privacy and Services’ Section.
- Now Go to Clear browsing data and then press on the ‘Choose what to clear’ button.
- Remove the desired items from the browser data.
- Then click on the ‘Clean Now’ button after making the selection.
- Finally users need to Restart their Edge Browser to find out if Microsoft Edge Crash and Freeze issue is resolved or not.
How to Disable and Remove Incompatible Extensions from MS Edge Browser?
- Open Edge browser and Go to the ‘Settings and more’ menu
- then click on ‘Extensions’
- Now users need to select and Go to ‘Manage extensions’
- Users need to select Extensions one by one and disable them just to test whether this resolves the browser issue or not.
- Once the incompatible extension is found on the Edge browser, users need to remove the extension.