Like Windows even Mac OS has its own set of default applications for operating important and default features and functions. Various applications are set as default and is loads on macOS such as browsers for opening websites. However users can easily change the default applications in case they wish to change it with some other better application. Just follow the steps which are mentioned below
How to change Default Applications on macOS
- First of all users need to Navigate that file having extension which is to be set as a new default app for Mac
- Now that file is to be right clicked
- users need to Select the ‘Get Info’ option. This will give up pop-up or a drop down menu with more information about the file which is selected.
- Now locate the ‘Open With’ option.
- This will display a list of apps that can open and handle the file type.
- Finally pick the application that you wish to be set as default
- At last choose select all and save the settings.