Full Description About Chrome Virus ?
Chrome Virus is a commonly known virus and refers to Poweliks trojan. Some cyber hackers use this malware as Chrome.exe which is processed in the user task manager. Cyber criminals use chrome virus as trojan to create illegal advertising revenue. This malware is developed for making deceptive online advertisements like banners, coupons, pop-ups and so on. Moreover, Poweliks uses approximately all computer resources. Thus, the system becomes unfamiliar and start crushing., freezing the screen etc due to lack of resources. Chrome.exe is a systematic process run by Google Chrome. Though Chrome Virus opens multiple processes in the task manager. These processes, Moreover, occupy a tiny percentage overall of the system resources. Somehow, Poweliks looks like a google chrome process which uses the same icon and name. But it opens numbers of operations and connects virtually to all the CPUs by making the system unreliable. Additionally, Google Chrome runs “Chrome.exe (32 bit)” operates when the browser is open, while Poweliks execute them on the system start-up.
Actually Poweliks do not develop any file in the system, it can easily be hampered with Chrome.exe (32Bit) and will run even if the browser is closed. System resources reach upto to 100 % on the minor state. If you want to verify the Chrome process you should click on the right button and select Open the file location. If the user feels that this is real then it will be placed in the “C:\Program files(x86)\Google, Chrome\Application” folder. When Processes are located everywhere then it should be called malicious and when your system starts slowing down you observe multiple of Chrome.exe (32 bit) operating in the task manager even when the browser is not open. Hence it seems that your system is probably infected with a trojan called Chrome Virus. Lastly, it is suggested to use a legitimate antivirus software to protect the computer from Chrome Virus.
- Name – Chrome Virus, Poweliks
- Type – Trojan
- Symptoms – Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased Internet browsing speed. Advertisements are not originating from the sites users are browsing.
- Detection Name – BitDefender (Win32.Sality.3), Kaspersky (Virus.Win32.Sality.gen), Avast (Win32:SaliCode), ESET-NOD32 (Win32/Sality.NBA)
- Distribution Method – Free software installers (bundling), fraudulent flash player installers, Deceptive pop-up ads.
- Damage – Decreased speed of the computer
- Similar Behaviour – Chrome Redirect Virus
- Removal – Always use a legit antivirus software to remove the Chrome Virus.
How Chrome Virus Enters The System
Chrome Virus enters the system without taking permission from users. It is installed on the chrome browser through spam emails, files, attachments which are not from official sources and carry malicious content over it. Malicious files can be in documents, words, zip etc. When Chrome Virus enters in the system it looks legitimate and important during first impression but after opening these malicious files they execute the content which leads to trojan infection. Always use official sites while downloading the programs because hackers always keep an eye onto the system which can be easily triggered. Installing and downloading from other third party software is strictly prohibited. So always use legit antivirus software to scan your computer before using it.
Removal Tips For Chrome Virus
Want to get rid of Chrome Virus which makes trouble on your computer ? If so, then you have come to a legitimate page which will give the complete instruction on malware. There are two ways which can help you to remove the malware.
Manual method – This method is a little bit lengthy as it requires expert knowledge as well as technical skills because it requires technical based knowledge suggested from experts.
Automatic method – This method is user friendly in nature as it does not require any technical knowledge while performing the removal process this can be done by itself only. Follow our guide which we have discussed below.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Chrome Virus
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Chrome Virus is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Chrome Virus from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Chrome Virus removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Chrome Virus still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Chrome Virus plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Chrome Virus removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Chrome Virus add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.