Depth Analysis of ConvertorSearch
ConvertorSearch is rated as potentially unwanted program that boasts of offering many advanced features and functionalities. However the truth is found to be different and it is used by redirect virus in the promotion of unwanted websites. ConvertorSearch as the name suggests that it is related to some search engine which generates unusual traffic but it should never be confused by other legit search engines such as Google. Yahoo and Bing. Actually it uses deceptive distribution and promotion techniques and hence it is considered as shady application and rated as potentially unwanted. What is most frustrating is the fact that soon users will notice that their browser gets modified as soon as ConvertorSearch get installed. So if you do not want to have default homepage, search engine and new tab replaced by any fake search engine such as Convertorsearch.com, then better remove ConvertorSearch without giving a second thought.
- Name : ConvertorSearch
- Type : PUP, PUA
- website: ConvertorSearch.com
- IP Address 126.96.36.199
- Description: ConvertorSearch is used as advertising platform by ConvertorSearch.com for promoting itself and generating unusual traffic.
- Symptoms: Default Homepage, Search engine and New tab get replaced of the browser.
- Removal: It is possible if detected by SpyHunter
ConvertorSearch is usually installed without user consent, and this changes its homepage to the search site ConvertorSearch.com. It is created by its vendors for the sole motive of manipulating search results, similar to sonoffer.online which is another unwanted application. Read more to know how to remove it from your compromised PC. This PUP will only expose you to potentially corrupted websites, so there is no reason to keep it on your PC.
Of course, you can ask why you should remove ConvertorSearch, as it looks pretty decent at first. For example, ConvertorSearch will lead to ConvertorSearch.com portal which appears as search engine with the option to search the web. In the sidebar you can also view the option of PDF converter, currency converter, Bitcoin and Crypto currencies, calculator and a bookmark tab to add favorite websites. Such installers are often found or known to spread their dubious tools. If you want to know why the program is interested in the data mentioned above, you should know that it will display ads based on the information collected in order to attract you to click on those ads.
Why To Remove ConvertorSearch
In the worst case, ConvertorSearch could show ads related to cyber fraud and the infiltration of unwanted software, including additional adware, browser hijackers, PUPs or even Trojan horses. The components of the unwanted program connect to remote adware servers and start demonstrating different ConvertorSearch ads. So, you can end up with an operating system full of various malicious applications without even realizing it. The safest way to do this is, of course, to keep an anti-malware tool enabled.
How To Remove ConvertorSearch
The infection starts with each Windows startup, and we recommend that you take some preventive measures as soon as you can. Keeping it on your PC and browsers for long can be a major cause for concern. So why to invite trouble where your privacy can be at stake as it can track your cookies, web history and IP address. so better it should be removed once for a all. It is not a difficult task to remove it manually, which is why we recommend doing it as soon as possible. It should help you to remove this program; Anti-Malware Tool will also help you to protect your computer from other infections. We recommend using the Anti-Malware Tool, as this program can easily eliminate ConvertorSearch and fight all the most dangerous programs, such as Trojans and other ransomware infections.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove ConvertorSearch
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as ConvertorSearch is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove ConvertorSearch from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to ConvertorSearch removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If ConvertorSearch still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove ConvertorSearch plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in ConvertorSearch removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete ConvertorSearch add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.