Is Facebook virus A Malware ?
Facebook virus is set to be a phishing attack or malicious injection on the social platform called facebook. It is categorized under trojan. The main motive of hackers behind this scam is to hijack the data which is personal or send messages via messenger app which is registered on facebook. Some users do not recognize whether the messages are useful or not. Hackers send some links via many methods some will say that you have your friend request and you have to accept it. This scam is highlighted because many users have registered the complaints that they are facing trouble using facebook via messenger, somebody is sharing the personal details to other third parties. Instead of this they are asking for money which is not a good thing. As facebook is the largest social platform across the world and by this hackers are globally disturbing the user. These days facebook scams are coming in different shapes. Maximum hackers are well known how to proliferate different numbers of malicious programs, such as ransomware, data stealer, cyber threats, miners cryptocurrency and other dangerous malware to users. Moreover some of the versions of facebook are just to infect the network and to irritate its users.
As we have raised above some huge malware is distributed via facebook social platform. However some of the behavior differs but mostly malware has one thing similar. They usually record some personal data like passwords. We have also noticed that these viruses commonly proliferated using random users. Cyber hackers are designing some malicious content to hijack facebook accounts and sending links to various contacts. Mostly these links seem to be authorized, hence hackers are inserting text with emoji to make the messages more reliable.
Additionally after clicking the links users usually visit the fraudulent website or accomplish other content to infect the computers and browsers. In most cases, users are redirected to malicious sites which offer exceptional deals. Though hackers assign these sites only for extortion from users or sneak their private information. Additionally some of the facebook viruses circulate using the post on facebook walls. Cyber criminals who have hacked the facebook accounts earlier they post intrusive posts on their friends walls or time-lines, may be as private messages, as these posts may contain links to dubious sites. At last we suggest not clicking on the suspicious links in the messenger app as it contains malware in it. So be caution and use legitimate antivirus software to protect from Facebook Virus.
Threats : An Overview
- Name – Facebook virus
- Type – Scam, Trojan
- IP Address – 188.8.131.52
- Domain Name – facebookvirus.com
- Hosting – AS62468 VPSQUAN, United States
- Symptoms – Trojans are designed to stealth and infiltrate the users computer and remain completely silent therefore no symptoms are clearly visible.
- Damages – most common are identical theft, stolen passwords, mining cryptocurrency
- Distribution – Infected links on unreliable pages, Software bundles,
- Danger – Depending upon the type of scam.
- Similar Behavior – IceRAT Malware
- Removal – To remove the malware infection always use legitimate antivirus software.
How Facebook Virus Affects Computer
Likewise any other malware is known for fake installers, spamming email campaigns ,torrent, downloading files from unauthorized sources. Literally many times uncensored behavior of the users result in downloading the malware on the computers. Emails, links , attachments which come from unknown sources should not be downloaded nor be clicked. Whether it seems to be legitimate or urgent they should not be downloaded. Once these links are clicked they can cause or execute malware infection on your computer. Thus if you do not want to become a sufferer of any fraud then it is highly recommended not to click on any link which is provided on your messenger application as it may contain Scam.
Prevention Tips For Facebook Virus
To prevent malware infection be very careful while opening pages promotion on facebook. If someone sending the private message or posts on your facebook messenger or facebook wall do not click on the link. You are specially recommended to ask about the confirmation whether they had sent you a link which is legitimate or not. If they do not confirm that means the link which was given to you was a fraudulent link. You are advised to keep an anti spyware tool which can detect the malware and protect your computer in future from these types of viruses.
Removal Tips For facebook Virus
If you want to remove the malware from your system then you should follow our instruction which we have given below. It is possible in two ways in which you can remove the malware.
Automatic Method – This process is very simple as it does not take lengthy time to finish up the work.
Manual method – This process requires some technical knowledge because it take some time to finish up the work
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Facebook virus
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Facebook virus is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Facebook virus from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Facebook virus removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Facebook virus still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Facebook virus plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Facebook virus removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Facebook virus add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.