Facts about Thecoolposts.com
Thecoolposts.com is better defined as a dubious platform similar to Holanews.biz that seeks users permission to click and allow Push notifications. It is not such a kind of webpage that many users know or ever heard about. It claims that users will can easily access the contents such as news, latest breaking events taking place around, download footage and videos as soon as they subscribe to its notification services. However it is not found to be true. The most important part is that why does it requires or asks users to click and subscribe to its services even before accessing any content present on the webpage. In fact it is nothing more than a social engineered tactic or attack that makes users to believe that they are going to get latest news, events about sports, movies, articles. But the reality is something very different as you will find sponsored ads running on entire screen. As Thecoolposts.com is one of many advertising platform used by many browser hijackers out there. Do you wonder how you got there? In some cases, when software installers ask to change the settings of internet browsers, it can also be considered as a browser hijacking. Although it is not as dangerous as a Trojan horse or a malicious infection, Thecoolposts.com should not be tolerated under any circumstances yet. Read on to find out which form of removal is right for you.
Threat Summary: Thecoolposts.com
|Type||Adware, Pop-up ads, Push Notifications|
|Distribution:||Social Engineered Attack, via fake installers, clicking fake links|
|Symptoms:||Push notification messages
Display of ads
|Removal||Possible with our Thecoolposts.com Removal Guide|
Thecoolposts.com hijacker has one and only motive to somehow convince users in clicking on the push notifications and end up in subscribing to its services. These clicks count and bring laurels for its vendors. It can be distributed via group downloads, freeware, deceptive drive-by downloads and scams. The extension is intended to enhance your overall web browsing experience, but this is highly doubtful. You can download such packages from P2P sites and other sites related to online piracy, which promotes third-party installers. So, although it may not be your intention, you can accidentally install Thecoolposts.com on your PC when installing a new codec, media player or any other free software application.
Why Should you Remove Thecoolposts.com
It is very likely that you were asked if you authorized the installation and if you wanted to use Thecoolposts.com as your search engine when installing FPM Player If you have to put up with this to surf the web, you certainly need to erase the Thecoolposts.com from your PC and browsers. Thecoolposts.com does not accept responsibility for the activities of third parties that are advertised, which means that you must use the search engine at your own risk. Since several sites can promote their services and products through sponsored links, it is important that you ignore such links so as not to accidentally stop on a corrupted page.
How To Remove Thecoolposts.com
Thecoolposts.com does not check that the ads are safe, so if they contain links to malicious websites, you could end up being infected with malware. Note that the search engine can monitor your browsing habits, which means that it can record how much time you spend on different sites, what you are interested in, and so on. Make sure that you have installed a completely reliable tool on your system, because suspicious tools can cause serious problems related to your security, in addition to being completely ineffective. Keep in mind that manual removal of this adware does not guarantee that there are no other threats on your system. So without delaying any further, it is advised to remove this advertising platform from your system. The more you delay, more consequences you have to face. Just follow the guide included below and carry out each steps exactly in similar way as instructed.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Thecoolposts.com
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Thecoolposts.com is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Thecoolposts.com from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Thecoolposts.com removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Thecoolposts.com still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Thecoolposts.com plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Thecoolposts.com removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Thecoolposts.com add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.