Let’s Understand About Traffic Junky
Traffic Junky is a legitimate as well as proper advertising network that is used by websites creators to hamper various websites. In other words these networks are used by adware creators for dubious purposes to inject malicious ads into legitimate pages to generate revenue from the users. If you are continuously receiving multiple ads then you are in the trap of some serious adware called Traffic Junky. They will contact you when you do internet browsing. They will give you banners, pop-ups, potentially unwanted programs through bundling of data like coupons, gift vouchers etc. multiple of times that you feel it is important to click. After allowing the attackers to provide the links attachment etc. this way the attackers had installed the adware on your system (PC/laptop). Most users don’t know about the adware that it is very nasty in nature.
Web developers can steal your personal data (location, IP Address, Geographical area, Passwords) etc. and transfer these data to cyber criminals. If once Traffic Junky is inserted on your computer it will alter your browser. It always displays pop-ups and extensions which can lead you trouble in searching. It will show you “Ads by Traffic Junky” is a part of adware . We suggest the users that if you find this type of adware in your computer, firstly turn off the internet completely then go to the control panel and enable the buttons which will notify you about the unwanted programs which are installed in your computer.
NOTE :- Almost all virus files are exclusively .exe files. Never download this type of file from an untrusted source.
|Type||Adware, Unwanted program|
|Browsers||Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari|
|Affects Windows OS||Computer performance decrease, Tracking of browser, Privacy issue|
|Symptoms||It will slow down your computer. Seeing multiple of ads, pop-ups|
|Distribution||Untrustworthy pop-ups ads,free software bundling, fake flash players installers.|
|Registration Info||It was created in 2001, updated in 2019, and will expire in 2021|
|Removal||Possible by manual and Automatic process|
How Traffic Junky Has Infected My Computer
All types of adware and potentially unwanted programs are distributed by a sum of questionable ads and bundling. Bundling is a tool which helps in marketing to promote third party installers and software along various ads. Some types of programs are usually freeware that is presented on various websites for generating revenue. During installation users are not very serious that the websites are hampering them. As a result most of the users get mesmerized due to unintentionally installation that bring fraud and the attackers shared all his information to cybercriminals. We would suggest that if you are facing difficulties then you should follow our steps that are given below to get rid of Traffic Junky.
Elimination Tips For Traffic Junky
These days the adware is getting very rogue in advertisement. They entered the computer through pop-ups, potentially unwanted programs, software bundling through third party downloaders/ installers . This type of adware causes very harm and steals the personal information and transfers the data to other third party criminals. If you want to eliminate Traffic Junky you should follow the process which we have discussed below for betterment of your computer.
Prevention Tips For Traffic Junky
Be careful every time while surfing/ browsing the internet to avoid downloading/ installing from unofficial sources like sharing platform, peer to peer network, bundling of software. Firstly , you should block the sender’s address so that they can’t trap you for the adware. Avoid opening spam email , links, attachment etc. If you want to protect the system from Traffic Junky you should always use legit antivirus software to timely basis for scanning the computer.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Traffic Junky
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Traffic Junky is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Traffic Junky from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Traffic Junky removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Traffic Junky still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Traffic Junky plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Traffic Junky removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Traffic Junky add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.