Let us understand what is ytmp3.cc?
Ytmp3.cc is a website that users can use for video converting. This site claims that it is free in downloading YouTube videos and converting them into .mp3 and .mp4 formats. Unfortunately, the suspicious sites come with unwanted malicious software and most users complained of its intrusive nature. They complained that, after converting the videos, multiple sites are disturbing through ads, pop-ups, banners, offers by browsing sessions on Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and other browsers. It is likely known that ytmp3 users themselves enabled the allow notification which shows many ads which may occur into adware in the computer. However, many pop-ups come immediately asking the users whether they want to allow the notification.
Many websites offer this because it is a very fair and legitimate way of asking if the user wants to allow/block the notification. In simple words, adware is that type of marketing strategy in which the developer wants revenue from users to generate and promote the software product. Adware brings many changes to the default setting of your home page. On a particular note, it does not operate as malicious websites. However, converting / downloading videos from YouTube is illegal. Also, it is known to track and record your IP Address thus making it track all the search history, and thus it will start showing ads related to your search preferences. This at first will appear to be quite attractive but suppose if you are not interested in those ads then it can be really annoying and would land you in trouble. So users are advised to remove this adware as soon as possible for better browsing sessions and experience. So we recommend you avoid using this website as much as possible.
- Name – ytmp3.cc
- Threat Type – Adware, Pop-ups
- IP Address – 126.96.36.199
- Symptoms – Slow browsing speed. Showing advertisements that are not from your browsing page.
- Distribution method – Unwanted application bundles, Untrustworthy pop-ups
- Damage – Slow System performance, privacy issues
- Removal – Clean it manually as well as automatically by legit antivirus software.
How ytmp3.cc entered in the computer?
Most users mistakenly install the ytmp3.cc apps, this usually happens through clicking malware ads which contain infectious pop-ups given by the developer to install on your computer which leads to great income. Hackers trick people into downloading and installing unwanted programs with other installed software. So one must avoid using ytmp3.cc and other related sites for a better browsing experience.
Removal Tips for ytmp3.cc
Some users assume that there is no such solution of ytmp3.cc removing the adware from the computer. In that case, we suggest you go for a manual process if you have advanced knowledge of computers. Then you should do it by an automatic method. Those who are beginners and not knowing the technical process then you can go through the below discussed guide. If you don’t remove ytmp3.cc adware will harm your system as well as it is quite annoying by showing pop-ups, ads, banners on the screen of your computer.
How To Prevent against ytmp3.cc adware
Be cautious while installing and downloading the software and using the websites. Always use official websites and direct links to download. Not adhering to the instructions can cost you dearly. It is seen that such a program might creep in using bundling techniques. As a result, even if you do not wish to install such a program, it will hardly give any chance or possibility to target your PC and make it a compromise. If we go by the fact that ytmp3.cc appears to be quite legit and this is why many of the users end up using it. We don’t say that it is a virus but it can be quite annoying and hence it is not wrong to consider it as Potentially unwanted.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove ytmp3.cc
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as ytmp3.cc is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove ytmp3.cc from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to ytmp3.cc removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If ytmp3.cc still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove ytmp3.cc plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in ytmp3.cc removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete ytmp3.cc add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.