Are You a gamer? Are you using steam and facing steam from opening on startup? Searching for help ? If yes then don’t worry as We are here to help you. There are lot of PC users who prefer to have more control over which software they use when their computer starts up. Steam, a well-known gaming platform, is one such platform. It opens automatically when you boot up your computer. This can be very easy for some users, but for those who want to start Steam manually, It is a little difficult for them. In this post, we are providing you with some simple steps on how you can stop Steam from opening on startup, it helps you to choose when you want to open and you have more control over how your computer starts up.
* Here are some steps to stop Steam from opening on a startup
To prevent Steam from opening when your computer starts up you can follow these steps;
- Open application on your computer.
- Open Steam and at the top of the Steam window you see click to open the menu.
- From the menu that shows Settings.” This will open the Steam settings window.
- In the settings window navigate to the “Interface” tab.
- Uncheck the option that says “Run Steam when my computer starts.”
- Once you’ve made changes to this, click on any tab. Close the settings window to save your preference.
1. How to stop steam from opening on Startup in windows 10/11?
Open your computer and click to the steam app and go to “Steam > Settings” and deselect the box to open Steam on startup. This process is the same for 10,11, open Task Manager and go to “Startup/Startup apps > Steam > Disable.”
2. How to stop steam from opening on startup on Mac?
If you want to stop steam opening on startup in Mac so don’t over think it’s usually happen with everyone Here’s a explanation on how to stop Steam from opening automatically on Mac:
- Check your Steam is already running or click and open it.
- Scroll and go to the top menu of your Mac and see your screen where you see the Apple logo and other application menu.
- Click “Steam” in the top menu.
- Go to the settings scroll down and choose “Preferences.” and it opens a new window.
- In your Preferences window, see your “Interface” tab and click on it.
- In your Interface tab, you’ll see an option that says “Run Steam when my computer starts.” This is a checkbox.
- To stop Steam from opening as an app when you start your Mac, uncheck or deselect this box.
- Finally, click the red “X” button in the upper left corner of your bass app and close the Preferences window.
Now, Steam will not launch automatically when you boot your Mac.
3.How to stop steam from running in the background?
There are many users who are not aware of Steam apps running in the background so let me tell you about this problem as you know steam is a that lets you buy and install games but you have a problem with steam running in background so here is your solution.
Step 1: Start the Steam app
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- First of all Open the Steam app on your computer.
- In your left top corner in the Steam window, you will see the word “Steam.” Now Click on the steam icon to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Now go to your menu and scroll down and select “Settings.” now your setting will open Now, go into the settings:
- In your Settings window, search for the “Interface” tab on your left side.Select on it to access your interface-related settings.
- In your Interface settings, you’ll see all options. see the checkbox that shows “Run Steam when my computer starts.” you will see in your “Startup” section.
- Deselect the “Run Steam when my computer starts” This option will confirm that the Steam app won’t automatically start running in your background when you start your computer.
- After you uncheck the box, then click the “OK” button and save the setting and close your window.
After that Steam will no longer run in the background when your computer starts. If you want to Steam, you’ll need to open it manually.
4.How do I stop Steam from automatically starting up?
- First you need to Open the Steam application on your computer.
- Go to the Steam window, click on “Steam”
- From your menu, select “Settings” to open the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, go to the “Interface” tab on the left side.
- Search for the “Run Steam when my computer starts” option. It’s Located in the “Startup” section.
- Now Uncheck the “Run Steam when my computer starts” box.
- Click the “OK”and save your setting and close the Settings window.
5.How do I turn off Steam startup news(Ad)?
- Open the Steam application on your computer.
- To disable Steam popups and news notifications:
- Click on the Steam menu in the top left corner of the window and select Settings.
- In the left-hand sidebar, click on Interface.
- Uncheck the box Notify me (with steam instant messages) about additions or changes to my games,new releases and upcoming releases.
- Click OK to save your changes.
And then when you have done this, you will no longer receive pop ups from Steam about news, sales, or other events.
If you want to disable specific types of notifications, you can do so in your Notifications section of the Steam settings window. For example, you can disable notifications for friend requests, messages, or comments.
If you are still receiving pop ups from Steam after you have disabled them in the settings, you may need to clear your Steam cache. To do this:
Opening steam automatically when we startup our PC is really frustrating for all of us that results in slowing down our pc by using memory cache in the background. But you didn’t have to worry as we mentioned all the methods or step-by-step guidance above on how you could stop steam from opening on startup or to stop this from running automatically in the background.