What is Chrome Redirect Virus ?
Are you facing difficulty in using your chrome browser? If yes then you have come to a legit page in which we will guide you how to protect the system before it is hacked? Chrome Redirect Virus is a malicious program which gets into Chrome browser and starts appearing continuously in the browser and gets affected by the web browser setting. It is categorized under browser hijacker which has the mentality to change your search queries into some other extension programs. Be aware of this type of redirecting though It is more annoying. This happens when users download or install the program from unofficial sources. Chrome Redirect Virus comes silently and sits on the browser without taking permission from the user. Furthermore your default homepage will start from Chrome Redirect Virus.
The main aim of the chrome virus is to annoy the user by showing multiple deceptive ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons through advertisement as the hackers are being paid off from this. Beside this, the main motive of the browser hijacker is to generate revenue from the advertisement whereas developers send malicious links, attachment, file or some extensions to users for download or install the program from the hijacker page which has been redirected from a legitimate page which the user uses. Hackers can gather information about your search query, what you have searched, which page you have visited, your location, IP Address, some personal or confidential data which they can share to third party software bundlers. Bundling is a special marketing tool in which the browser hijacker gets paid for their purpose. Somehow it affects the browser only with Google Chrome. Thus it slows down the performance of the computer. At last, if you are facing trouble having browser hijacker applications running in your system then we suggest you scan the full system with a legit antivirus software.
Threat’s Note :-
- Name – Chrome Redirect Virus
- Type – Browser Hijacker
- Symptoms – An unexpected web browser toolbar appears in your browser. You have been redirected to another web page that you do not expect. Start page has been changed and cannot be changed back.
- Affected browser – Google Chrome
- Affected Browser Setting – New tab URLs, homepage
- Damages – It decreased the performance of the system
- Removal – It is possible by using manual or automatic method
How Did My Computer affected by Chrome Redirect Virus
The browser has been redirected to Chrome Redirect Virus in addition to the program which is installed in your system. This type of chrome virus occurs through excessive use of advertisements or programs. Once this type of adware is installed in your computer through pop-ups, ads, banners in the form of malicious programs. Such deceptive programs can harm your system badly. Browser hijackers come along with software bundlers. Bundling is a special marketing tool which helps the hackers to earn more revenue from the users. So we suggest you before downloading or installing the application have some look on the program whether the application is rogue or not
Removal Tips For Chrome Redirect Virus
If you are tired of browser hijacker programs which change your search engine page and redirect to dubious websites? Don’t worry we have provided our guide below the article. You just have to follow the intrusion which we have suggested. That is our automatic steps otherwise you can go with manual steps also. Hence manual steps need some skills which are useful for technical expertise. This steps take much time as automatic steps do not. So we can only advise you before your system gets hacked.
Prevention Tips For Chrome Redirect Virus
All programs or applications should be downloaded from authorized official sources. Always keep your eye open when you download from unofficial sites though it can send intrusive ads, pop-ups to download various things like links, attachments that can harm your system badly. Always use advanced tools to manage the programs. Use a legitimate antivirus software to protect your system from Chrome Redirect Virus.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Chrome Redirect Virus
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Chrome Redirect Virus is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Chrome Redirect Virus from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Chrome Redirect Virus removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Chrome Redirect Virus still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Chrome Redirect Virus plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Chrome Redirect Virus removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Chrome Redirect Virus add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.