What is Current-captcha.top?
Are you getting message as ‘Click ALLOW to confirm you are not a robot!’? Current-captcha.top is a misleading website with questionable content. It displays browser notifications to subscribe its unwanted services. There are various other similar webpages such as Wholedailyfeed.com , BlendedSearch are some of the few examples and it is another addition in the spam list. In fact, it falls into the category of browser hijackers because it tends to replace users homepages and search providers without asking for permission. This can happen especially when users run their system without proper antivirus. Current-captcha.top is not as useful as it first appears when users happen to visit due to forced redirection. It is evident that no one would ever visit Current-captcha.top intentionally as it is full of untrustworthy webpages, intrusive ads and promote potentially unwanted program. It uses fake captch verfication process just to make sure that users ends up in subscribing to its Push notifications. Thereafter it starts showing multiple ad campaigns.
|Type:||Push notifications, Redirect virus, Browser Hijacker|
|Symptoms:||Displays ads, messages not originating from other sites whihc are not being browsed, redirect browser when any of the ads are clicked. It displays browser scam with a message ‘Click ALLOW to confirm you are not a robot!’|
|Distribution:||comes bundled along with freeware, shareware, clicking on deceptive ads|
|Removal:||Follow Current-captcha.top Removal Guide|
annoying impacts of Current-captcha.top
Furthermore, Current-captcha.top redirects searches to suspicious websites there is still a possibility that users will be presented with sponsored links, which is why it is always recommended to be highly careful and not to click on any of the Current-captcha.top ads and messages. Almost all of these browser hijackers are known to be bundled with the free program. In addition, searches performed on Current-captcha.top have been found to redirect to other search engines on the web. So it is evident that Current-captcha.top is not capable to fetch search results of its own. the misleading clickbait tactics is just to bring maximum clicks and convert it into push notifications subscription. Thus its main motive is to make unsolicited usage of browser-based tactic to generate lots of monitory profits for the creators and vendors of Current-captcha.top. Thus this website displays a message that reads ‘Click ALLOW to confirm you are not a robot!’ along with the image of a robot. Clicking on the ads will trigger severe redirection to other websites with promotional and advertising content. So if you do not want to be duped by online scams informs of games, fraudulent offers better remove Current-captcha.top.
How to Remove Current-captcha.top
Just follow the manual and automatic removal guide that can be used by advanced and novice computer users and is easy to follow, helping to remove Current-captcha.top without any problems. Below are instructions that will help you achieve success. The first step is manual removal. Users need to remove Current-captcha.top from your PC to recover the target of affected browsers. This guide will not help you delete other active threats also
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to the right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to the “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then the “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose the “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to the right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and thereafter press on the “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under the permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present on the left side of the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to the “Permission” section then select the “Settings” option which is just next to the “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally, Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select the Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally, you need to select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on the right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “View advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on the “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- Click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to the “website” tab and then you need to choose the “Notification” section which is on the left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose the “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Current-captcha.top
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to click on the “Start” button ( windows logo at the bottom left corner of the screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on the “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally, Search and click on the “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right-click on the lower-left corner of the screen. Under the “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program, and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to click on the “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on the new screen which gets opened. Now select the “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right-click on the Trash icon and select to click on the “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Current-captcha.top is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use an anti-malware tool to scan a PC.
How to Remove Current-captcha.top from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Current-captcha.top removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Current-captcha.top still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Current-captcha.top plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Current-captcha.top removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Current-captcha.top add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware get inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select a legit website only while downloading any kind of free application. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.