Is Driver Tonic Safe ?
Driver Tonic is yet another Unwanted Software that is advertised as the better system optimizer relevant to other similar entries. It is a potentially unwanted application which claims that it cleans void registries and updates system drivers. This unwanted program is similar to Mac Tonic, Win tonic and web tonic or similar products developed by PC Tonic Inc. despite from the other source. Always keep in mind the creators who encourage apps just to earn as much money from all possible ways that the user makes in order to get the raised variant to fix system problems. In some cases it is noticed that more other rogue threats are being expanded in bundled with Driver Tonic. In bundled form the application can be with Similar Photo Cleaner, Malware Crush and many more. It means that if you have downloaded the Driver Tonic by any means, do make sure you refuse the offer if you do not need them.
Also Read : Remove Segurazo Antivirus
Driver Tonic is available for download from its official websites and offers various features on screen which include Registry cleaning and scans, Startup managing, Driver updaters, Web protection. So its function or features makes one believe that Driver Tonic has all the utility that can assure the system performance without any difficulty. Those users who really think that this unwanted program is legitimate and completely safe they have to know about this program that this does not fulfil the requirement of the users as claimed.
This application was made only to earn maximum profit from the users. Experts suggest not to download this program from the internet, no matter what offer was made on the website or other possible means. Though if it is installed on the computers it will annoy the users and displays notification throughout the day. Somehow if you have downloaded Driver Tonic onto your computer and then you think that this application is not safe for your PC. So you should immediately remove Driver Tonic from your computer as soon as possible.
Threat’s Note –
- Name – Driver Tonic
- Type – Potentially unwanted program
- Similar App – Win Tonic, Mac Tonic
- Developer – PC Tonic Inc.
- Symptoms – Users are encouraged to purchase the software license, intrusive pop-ups.
- Bundled apps – Malware crusher, Similar photo cleaner
- Distribution – It shows malicious ads, software bundling , false links and attachment.
- Removal – It is possible to uninstall Driver Tonic from the computer.
How Driver Tonic affect the computer
In most cases Driver Tonic is often promoted through web over software bundled techniques. In that case Driver Tonic can use email marketing, suspicious advertisement, software bundling, links and attachment dubious web applications, sharing torrents files and many more. The user should know about these unwanted programs that could not be downloaded from an unofficial sources .
Removal process for Driver Tonic
Driver Tonic is an application which claims to update your system on Windows/ Mac computers. Somehow the application shows false claims that your computer and installed driver is outdated. This strategy is only used to purchase the product. So, we suggest the user to remove Driver Tonic from the computer and scan the system with legit antivirus software. There are two methods in which you can get rid from it.
Automatic Method – This method will help the user in the better manner. You are only required to follow our instructions and use antimalware tool as suggested here.
Manual Method – This is a DIY Guide. This process will take some time and need some technical knowledge. Because it has some minute things which will be recognized by those who know the Computing skills very easily.
Prevention Tips: Driver Tonic
To prevent your System from Driver Tonic you should not download/ install from any unofficial source. Because many deceptive ads come from third parties that can affect your system badly. Potentially unwanted programs are very rouge. Developers hide this from the setting and when the users installed these programs they suffer very badly from unwanted programs. Hence, you have to avoid Driver Tonic to enter your computer.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Driver Tonic
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Driver Tonic is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Driver Tonic from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Driver Tonic removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Driver Tonic still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Driver Tonic plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Driver Tonic removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Driver Tonic add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.