Do you know HDMovieSearch is potentially unwanted program? Has it altered your browser preferences? Are yoyu getting redirected to some unknown portal? Read this post to know more about HDMovieSearch and how to remove it from your browser.
What is HDMovieSearch?
HDMovieSearch is rated as potentially unwanted browser extension that get installed in the browser unknowingly with a purpose. As soon it is installed it goes to the extent of changing the browsers default settings. All the searched terms get rerouted and fetched by Google, Yahoo and Bing which are legit but the ads are generated by HDMovieSearch which is used as a portal which works as plug-in that allows computer users to download videos from YouTube and watch them on different devices, including phones and tablets. The video downloader supports formats such as FLV, AVI, MP4, MOV, MP3 and MPEG. It is known that you can see HDMovieSearch on all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, however, you should definitely get rid of it, because it can even lead to infections. However, users are usually unaware of the implications associated with installing this program on their PC, Laptop or any other gadgets. Even if you try to change your default browser as this will not stop this application. Of course, this is not a way for a reliable search engine to work! It is up to you to decide what to do, but we consider that removing HDMovieSearch is the smartest decision.
Why HDMovieSearch is Potentially Unwanted ?
HDMovieSearch is similar to BestSearchConverter , ConvertorSearch, WebHelper or similar search engines that could scare users around the world. So, don’t be surprised to notice the appearance of several pop-ups, banners and other ads on different types of websites. Their official pages are fake, and they do not provide any useful information about these applications. As you can see, it doesn’t try to hide its presence, and probably the only annoying thing about the app is that it can also come bundled with sharewares.
It uses sneaky way to get into the system with shady distribution and this is why it is not wrong to rate it or categorize it as PUP.
|Type:||PUP, Redirect Virus|
|Distribution||via fake installers, bundling, clicking on intrusive ads|
|Symptoms:||Homepage changes, browser default preferences gets modified, redirection to other sites|
|Removal:||Scan your PC with legit antivirus|
How Does HDMovieSearch Get isntalled on PC ?
The common feature of HDMovieSearch is that they have official website which gets redirected to portal.searchgames4u.com. As noted, malicious software can get into your system very quickly and you may not even notice it. In fact, freeware can be used as bait to trick you into installing malware or visiting corrupted websites. It appears as a portal on very first look with a logo of search games. It has also got a tool bar for searching the web. When any keywords or term is entered the results is fetched using search.yahoo.com. Also HDMovieSearch can collect search queries, ip addresses, geo location of the visitors duering their web sessions.
If you do not remove HDMovieSearch, you will soon notice that your browser works more slowly and takes longer to access a website. Kindly follow the removal guide as exactly shown in the steps to know how to remove HDMovieSearch from your Windows operating system and from all browsers at the same time. As you may have noticed, ads related to unfamiliar adware servers can be dishonest, and so, instead of clicking on them, you have to dismiss them for now and hurry to remove HDMovieSearch.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove HDMovieSearch
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as HDMovieSearch is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove HDMovieSearch from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to HDMovieSearch removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If HDMovieSearch still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove HDMovieSearch plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in HDMovieSearch removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete HDMovieSearch add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.