What is Im-not-a-robot.com?
Are you getting more unwanted ads when you browse your internet? if, so then you are affected by adware that has to induce your system. Rather than panic, we are here for you and will give every possible method to keep your system secure and safe. Im-not-a-robot.com pop-ups are social engineering tactics that try to trick the user into push notifications. These notifications are only to distract the user from downloading and installing the rogue programs in the system. Im-not-a-robot.com is an ad-supported program that only sends intrusive advertisements to the users for allowing the notification. If this type of adware is installed in the system you will notice that the system gets slower than normal. This all procedure is done to confirm that the user has become the recipient of the deceptive ads and hackers can deliver spam content, unwanted ads, promotional offers directly to their system or laptop. So users should strictly prohibit clicking on any such type of links or advertisement unnecessarily to any of the fake messages.
As soon as the users click on Im-not-a-robot.com ads they will be redirected directly to the related website. Thus, users will be greeted with a message that “Im-not-a-robot.com wants to show a notification. You have to click the ALLOW button to subscribe to the push notification. If the user once subscribes to the notification then the hackers start bombarding the numerous ads to the system with malicious activities. Im-not-a-robot.com makes its own way with compatibility with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and so on. So, if you do not want to be in such a part where your system gets continuous ads flooded with adware and unwanted ads then it’s better to remove it from the system.
Apart from this some other malicious websites also get downloaded with unwanted advertisements. Therefore users should not allow any type of programs can run on the system. Although these nasty unwanted programs also gather information like Geolocation, IP Addresses, Searched Queries, Cookies, Viewed URLs, and so on. These can lead to privacy theft. Hence, all unwanted programs come from software bundling. Bundling is the process of marketing that is used by hackers to earn revenue through illegal procedures. Lastly, we would likely suggest the user for using legit antivirus software which will protect the system in the future.
Name – Im-not-a-robot.com
Type – Adware, PUPs
Symptoms – Display deceptive and intrusive ads
Distribution Method – Software Bundling
Similar Behaviour – Playspind.xyz
Removal – It is possible through the manual as well as an automatic method.
Why Im-not-a-robot.com Affects The System
In most cases, Im-not-a-robot.com comes bundled with other programs that the user installs or downloads from the internet. Some users do not acknowledge that this adware got installed with free software bundled. Although, users have to be very careful while downloading the software from unofficial sources. Some developers tricked the users that the software which was installed in the system is from an official source. After downloading the software users get confused and then hackers induce intrusive ads. So always be conscious while installing or downloading the programs from Im-not-a-robot.com. Always use a legit anti-malware tool to protect the system.
How To Remove Im-not-a-robot.com
Moreover, it is worth stating that these offer and promotional ads are controlled by unknown third parties. Though it can be unsafe for clicking on them because they can easily make the system damage and compromised. So if you are willing to remove Im-not-a-robot.com from the system you are at the appropriate site which can help you to remove adware safely from the device. Always pay attention while installing because programs similar to Im-not-a-robot.com can get into the system easily and you may not even notice it. For hassle-free removal, you can follow our removal guide which we have suggested below to protect the system.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Im-not-a-robot.com
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Im-not-a-robot.com is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Im-not-a-robot.com from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Im-not-a-robot.com removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Im-not-a-robot.com still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Im-not-a-robot.com plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Im-not-a-robot.com removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Im-not-a-robot.com add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.