Maincaptchasource.com is a rogue website that offers so called Push Notification messages. However it is making Internet awful and dangerous. It is known to have questionable content and if the links present within are clicked will reroute browser on other unreliable websites. The very use of social engineered attack and browser scam tactics is evidently used by the creators of this website. If you are able to view Maincaptchasource.com ads in right corner of your screen then it is a clear indication that your browser is infected with this browser redirect virus.
It further adds woes by showing captcha verification test which the users visiting on this site have to pass. They would be required to fill up the captcha to verify that they are humans and not bots. Most of the users consider it nominal but we suggest not to adhere to any such task as it might prove to be unsafe. Once the permission is granted users will be flooded with ads by Maincaptchasource.com and you can hardly do anything about it. So it is better not to click on any shady websites or such corrupted links which will land you on this website. If you have already subscribed to its fake services then you need to remove Maincaptchasource.com related plugins which is installed on the browser. It is often seen and found that some or the other adware or any potentially unwanted application keep showing and opening new tab on the browser. So you need to remove them if you are also facing such a problem.
|Name : Maincaptchasource.com, Ads by Maincaptchasource.com|
|Type: Browser Scam, Redirect virus, Push notifications|
|IP Address: 220.127.116.11|
|Related sub-domains: undefined.maincaptchasource.com|
|Similar behavior: TabOptimizer , ShopperPro|
|Distribution: via clicking deceptive pop-up ads, bundled applications, visiting porn websites|
|Symptoms: push notification messages, slow browser speed, opens new tab page, captcha verification|
|Removal: Scan your PC with Legit Antivirus|
How Maincaptchasource.com is Installed
Not reading the Agreement License and installing program carelessly is most rampant way for getting Maincaptchasource.com installed on PC. Users have the habit of downloading and installing cracked software key, fake installers to save some money but this will prove more costlier in long run when their system gets compromised by Maincaptchasource.com. Installing flash Player update, downloading virus harvested file, buffering porn videos can result in such infection. Giving permission to Push notification messages suggests that users are interested to receive adverts and ads and it will directly get delivered on their screen. So if you do not want to be at receiving end this is high time to change back and roll back to default settings of your browser and prevent ads and pop-ups from flashing on the right end corner of the screen.
Drawbacks of Maincaptchasource.com
As soon as Maincaptchasource.com finds its way on to the system, it will fetch and record the IP Address. This is the first step to know the Geolocation of the users and then it tracks the browsing data, cookies, searched terms, keywords. Soon the search engine gets modified accordingly as to give related and personalized searches. One can expect a lot of intrusive ads on the browser during every Internet sessions. So if you do not want to be in such a mess or to compromise with your browsing privacy better remove Maincaptchasource.com and do not click on any promotional ads which force you to buy something or the other.
How To Remove Maincaptchasource.com, Watch this Video
Following the steps illustrated in Manual Guide will definitely help you to remove Maincaptchasource.com from browsers such as Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla, Edge, Safari, Opera etc. In case if you have any queries you can ask using our contact us page.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Maincaptchasource.com
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Maincaptchasource.com is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Maincaptchasource.com from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Maincaptchasource.com removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Maincaptchasource.com still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Maincaptchasource.com plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Maincaptchasource.com removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Maincaptchasource.com add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.