Is your web browser getting redirected to Multisearch.live?
Has your homepage changed to this unknown site? If yes then it is an indication that your browser is hijacked by Multisearch.live. It is a browser hijacker which is mostly promoted by Potentially unwanted programs and applications. It uses the same strategy as any other redirect virus to change and modify the browser’s settings. Users will soon notice that their homepage or start page, search providers and new tab page of the browser get replaced and changed. Such is the intensity of the hijack that the entire browser gets controlled by Multisearch.live operators. However you need not worry as you will be getting complete details to remove Multisearch.live and how to safeguard your PC from other similar threats. Read this post to know complete details for the same.
- Name: Multisearch.live
- Type: Browser Hijacker, Redirect virus, homepage hijacker
- Affects browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Edge, Safari etc.
- Distribution: clicking on malicious ads, pop-ups, banners and in line texts, visiting suspicious and corrupt websites, fake software updaters and installers
- Symptoms: Homepage, Search provider and New tab page url replaces the default set page.
- Related threats: MovieSearchHome
- Removal: Multisearch.live Removal Guide
How Multisearch.live Enters on your PC ?
Harmful Impacts of Multisearch.live
Multisearch.live promotes itself and sets a fake search engine as the default homepage or start up page of the browser. Whenever users load their browser, it gets loaded each time even if the users do not wish to use or set this as default homepage. Since it is not a related search engine, it is not capable of fetching results. SO it fetches results from Yahoo Search engine and it redirects the browser to the search results fetched by Yahoo. It is worth mentioning that Yahoo is not a virus but the search results fetched by Yahoo can get injected by sponsored ads and Paid ads as injected by Multisearch.live. Also users will not be able to find any organic listings from the search engine. The data is also collected by this hijacker such as web browser history, Cookies, IP Address and Geolocation. So it is best advised to use our removal guide to get rid of Multisearch.live and other similar hijackers and potentially unwanted programs installed on the system.
How to Remove Multisearch.live
If you want to get rid of Multisearch.live then you can use our manual as well as automatic e removal guide that would definitely help in getting rid of Multisearch.live. You need to reset browser and delete all the related plugins and add-ons which were recently installed on your browser. However you need to scan your PC with legit antimalware to clean and detect Multisearch.live components and remove them to safeguard your PC from future attacks.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to the right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to the “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then the “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose the “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to the right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and thereafter press on the “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under the permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present on the left side of the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to the “Permission” section then select the “Settings” option which is just next to the “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally, Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select the Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally, you need to select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on the right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “View advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on the “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- Click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to the “website” tab and then you need to choose the “Notification” section which is on the left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose the “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Multisearch.live
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to click on the “Start” button ( windows logo at the bottom left corner of the screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on the “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally, Search and click on the “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right-click on the lower-left corner of the screen. Under the “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program, and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to click on the “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on the new screen which gets opened. Now select the “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right-click on the Trash icon and select to click on the “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Multisearch.live is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use an anti-malware tool to scan a PC.
How to Remove Multisearch.live from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Multisearch.live removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Multisearch.live still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Multisearch.live plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Multisearch.live removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Multisearch.live add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware get inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select a legit website only while downloading any kind of free application. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.