Want To Know More About OriginalSearchManager ?
The name OriginalSearchManager itself suggests that the application might have something real in it, but it’s nature is little more than that of PUP. Such unwanted program goals are to steal the information of the users by taking the advantages of rogue marketing tools such as bundling. The developers have designed OriginalSearchManager to replace the browser setting and promote the address which is search.locatorunit.com and add the “Managed by your company” feature on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome browser. Furthermore this program was designed to gather the browsing data. It promotes the search.locatorunit.com to address by making the address of a default search engine.
Experts regard this search engine related to Optimum Search as fake due to its inability. Similarly the tactic used by OriginalSearchManager is to execute in the form of unwanted program which harms the system badly and always redirects your web pages to another. Do not trust any software which offers that unwanted program are not there in software. With addition to potentially unwanted programs they record users IP Address, Geolocation and other similar details used by the user. After this developers share these information to other third parties who manipulate the user to earn revenue from them. Potentially unwanted programs show various kinds of ads through pop-ups, banners etc. If users click these pop-ups they are unwanted programs which are harmful. If you want to get rid of OriginalSearchManager use relaible antimalware which we have suggested below.
|Type||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Affected Browsers||Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox.|
|Symptoms||redirects to another websites, Unwanted advertisement|
|Distribution||Intrusive pop-ups ads, bundling of software, torrent files|
|Damages||Loss of private information, it redirects to other websites, displaying of deceptive ads, Browsing tracking|
|Removal||Use always valid antivirus software to remove OriginalSearchManager|
How did OriginalSearchManager Affects Computer
In some cases users download /install unwanted programs by clicking intrusive ads which are designed to perform other content. OriginalSearchManager is often used by creators to promote deceptive ads for bundling the software. This is the marketing method which is used by developers to earn revenue. Users should pay attention while installing /downloading the software from an unofficial source.
How To Remove OriginalSearchManager
Now you must be ready to remove OriginalSearchManager from your computer and you have come to a very legitimate site that can give you better ways how to remove OriginalSearchManager. There are two ways for removing the unwanted programs. One is manaul which is of course time consuming and other is self regulated. Let us see which method is relevant for you to remove OriginalSearchManager.
Manual Method – This method is used by those who have the technical skills of the computer how it works because it has minute things which you have to use in the removal process. This also takes some time to finish the work.
Automatic Method – This method can be accomplished automatically. We have given the procedure below that you can follow and remove OriginalSearchManager.
How to Prevent Computer From OriginalSearchManager
To prevent the system it is advised to download /install the programs from an official site
Other third party installers, peer-to-peer network, unofficial pages etc. not to be downloaded or used.
- It is recommended not to complete your installation or downloads before checking the policies and end user licence agreement (EULA) that it contains unwanted or not.
- If there are potentially unwanted programs in the software then they should be removed. Some programs carry OriginalSearchManager to monetize traffic.
- Always use legitimate antivirus software to remove OriginalSearchManager as soon as possible
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove OriginalSearchManager
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as OriginalSearchManager is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove OriginalSearchManager from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to OriginalSearchManager removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If OriginalSearchManager still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove OriginalSearchManager plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in OriginalSearchManager removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete OriginalSearchManager add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.