Facts about PDFSearchApps
Are you getting redirected to PDFSearchApps? Do you want to uninstall PDFSearchApps hijacker? As you might have been clear now that PDFSearchApps is nothing more than a browser hijacker that redirects search results once your browser is compromised. It is potentially worthless program which is just created to extract as much information of the users related to their browsing behavior through searched queries, cookies, web history as well as their browsing interest. It modifies the default homepage with that of its own and replaces the search engine as well. What is most annoying all such collected information via cookies, searched queries are sold to third party vendors and advertising networks for unauthorized access. As soon as PDFSearchApps makes place for itself on your system, it will modify the browser settings without your permission as the default homepage gets replaced with new tab page reroutes to other unwanted results and websites.
Many of the toolbars related to PDFSearchApps can be noticed by the users and they can’t do anything much about it. If you click on any of the tabs or links present on the toolbar, it will display and bombard with advertisements. So even if you do not wish to be greeted with such ads, you are left with no other option than to be a mute spectator. Soon many of the unwanted extensions and plug-ins will get installed on the browser such as Google Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Edge etc. So if you are greeted by new homepage, search engine and newtab as PDFSearchApps then it is high time to remove PDFSearchApps from your browser.
How Do PDFSearchApps Install itself on PC?
Like any other redirect viruses and adware, PDFSearchApps also uses the same strategy to spread up and get distributed via fake updates and installers. Many of the times users even do not know as to what they are going to install on their system. They are of the opinion that they have just installed system updates or any flash player on to their PC. Unfortunately PDFSearchApps sneeks through such installations. Later many of the users eventually realize when they notice the homepage, search engine and new tab page get changed and starts to behave weirdly. Soon the queries which are searched on the browser will be rerouted to search.yahoo.com. The manipulated search results will completely misguide users as it would contain commercial ads with sponsored links with very few inorganic search results. Clicking on such ads will redirect you to sponsored web pages and affiliate links. If you click on these links it will be bad for you but good for the vendors as they will generate income through pay per click strategy. So it is suggested not to be a victim of such fake strategy and better remove PDFSearchApps permanently.
Also Read: How To Remove Streamsearchvault.com
Threat Details At A Glance
Category: Browser Hijacker, Redirect Virus
Threat level: Medium
Description: It is a redirect virus that reroutes browser and new tab page always to third party websites with promotional ads and offers.
Symptoms: Replaces homepage, Search engine, new tab page, browser settings.
Distribution: Software bundling technique, fake installers, flash player updates
Steps to Prevent PDFSearchApps & Keeping your System Malware Free
- Be careful while surfing web and avoid downloading fake installers.
- Download software and programs from reputed sources such as official websites
- Never open any links which you receive on mails from unknown senders.
- Do not install pirated software with crack or serial code that are quite widely available on web for free.
- Installing gaming apps and free games online from non reputed source will end up in installing PDFSearchApps.
So we hope that you will follow the removal steps given below to get rid of PDFSearchApps. In case if you are facing any problem, kindly scan your PC with help of download link given below.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove PDFSearchApps
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as PDFSearchApps is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove PDFSearchApps from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to PDFSearchApps removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If PDFSearchApps still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove PDFSearchApps plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in PDFSearchApps removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete PDFSearchApps add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.