Brief Overview Of PureLand Stealer
Pureland Stealer is a stealthy type of malware that specifically targets Mac devices. Programs under this classification are designed to steal information from infected systems. It specifically targets the victim’s cryptocurrency wallet and other sensitive data. This malware has been seen spreading under the guise of play-to-earn video games. This Stealer may display a prompt requesting the victim to provide the password for their “Chrome Safe Storage”. If access is gained, the attacker attempts to extract information from the Google Chrome browser, including Internet cookies and saved log-in credentials (username/password). This malware also can search for content of interest, especially cryptocurrency-related platforms. To summarize, the presence of malicious software like this on your Mac can result in several privacy issues, significant financial losses, and identity theft. So if you are a victim of this malware then read this entire article to remove Pureland Stealer from your Mac.
Consequences Of PureLand Stealer Infection
There are many consequences of Pureland Stealer infection, and some of them are the most common consequences of this infection:
- It can steal your credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and other financial information. This can result in identity theft and financial loss.
- It can steal your private files, such as photos, videos, and documents. This can be a major inconvenience, especially if you have lost important files and you do not have a backup of your files.
- If your personal information is stolen and used to commit fraud, it can damage your reputation.
- It can be used to install other malware on your device. This can make it more difficult to remove malware and protect your data.
How Does The PureLand Stealer Attack?
Pureland Stealer uses various tactics to infiltrate your Mac and steal data. Here are some of its primary and common attack vectors:
- Phishing is a common method that attempts to trick you into downloading and running malware disguised as a legitimate application or document.
- While browsing compromised websites, malicious scripts may automatically download and install in the background without your knowledge. This is usually caused by vulnerabilities in older browsers or browser plugins.
- Downloading unauthorized software or cracked versions of legitimate programs often runs the risk of them being bundled with malware like this.
- Malicious advertisements embedded in websites or mobile apps can also be used to distribute it.
Instructions To Remove PureLand Stealer From Your Mac
You can remove this infection from your Mac using various techniques and procedures, including manual removal and software. So if you want to remove Pureland Stealer from your MacOS, just click on the link below and follow the mentioned instructions.
Firstly Open the “Menu” bar and then you need to click the “Finder” icon. Now Select “Go” and click on “Go to Folder”
Step 1: You need to Search the suspicious malware related files in /Library/LaunchAgents folder
Within the “Go to Folder” option type /Library/LaunchAgents
In the “Launch Agent” folder, you need to look for all the PureLand Stealer files which were recently downloaded and then move them to “Trash”.
Step 2: Search and remove the files generated by the PureLand Stealer in “/Library/Application” Support folder
Within “Go to Folder bar”, you need to type “/Library/Application Support”
Search all suspicious and newly created folders in “Application Support” folder. If you detect any one of these like PureLand Stealer then move them to “Trash” folder.
Step 3: Look for any of the files that are malware generated in /Library/LaunchAgent Folder
Go to Folder bar and type /Library/LaunchAgents
Step4: Now Go to /Library/LaunchDaemons Folder and look for PureLand Stealer Related Files
Step 5: Use Spyhunter Anti-Malware To Scan your Mac PC
The malware can be removed from the Mac PC provided you carry out all the steps mentioned above exactly in same way. However, it is always advised to ensure that your PC is not infected. It is suggested to scan the work-station with SpyHunter for Mac Scanner.
- SpyHunter for Mac Scanner is a robust scanner which is designed in such a way that it can be used by both Novice as well as advanced Mac users.
- Custom Scan – Users can easily select and run custom scan for individual files, privacy issues, memories apart from running complete scan as well.
- Startup Manager – It is configured and designed in such a manner that users can initiate the scan process to remove PureLand Stealer and troubleshoot startup issues.
- SpyHunter Spyware HelpDesk – Users can click on the Submit a Support Ticket button and fill up their detailed information. A support agent will then contact within 48 hours of ticket submission.
App Uninstaller: Users can uninstall Mac apps and its related files to make some space free on hard drive.
How TO Remove PureLand Stealer from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete suspicious and Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
How to Remove PureLand Stealer from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If PureLand Stealer still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove PureLand Stealer plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in PureLand Stealer removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.