What is Search.aguea.com?
Have you ever be trapped in any of the redirection processes? If so, then don’t be panic we will give you proper guidance on how to remove Search.aguea.com from the system. Search.aguea.com is yet another browser hijacker which enters the system without taking permission from the users. However, Search.aguea.com claims that it is a good alternative for search engines and gives value addition to the user’s browsers. Well, here we will state that users should avoid this browser hijacker due to various features added to it. Due to its rogue behavior, Search.aguea.com has been classified under Potentially Unwanted Application. Some cybercriminals use methods like intrusive ads, software bundling, and freeware software that lead to installing the rogue website. Once installed, cyber hackers, control the browsing session when the user uses the internet.
Search.aguea.com is present in the user system it displays many deceptive and nasty advertisements which hamper the browsing session very badly. Some of the advertisement which is shown in the computer screen in multiple times like coupons offers discounts, banners, etc. By showing these types of amazing advertisements to users. Attackers want to manipulate the traffic and try to convince the user to get click on the nasty advertisement which hackers can get some of the revenue through pay per click method. Thus, if you installed Search.aguea.com and uses it in the system as the default search engine then you will notice that all the search results are irrelevant which shows nasty advertisements.
Though, the browser hijacker like Search.aguea.com and others works as a spy that monitors the browsing session as well as the activities of the user and gathers information like viewed sites, IP address, Geolocation, visited sites, etc. Furthermore, Some cybercriminals also steal bank-related data which is sensitive that can be misused by hackers. These collected data are being shared with third-party software updates through software bundling. This advanced technology is used by cyber hackers to earn money through illegal activity. Afterward, when cyber hackers take the controls of the system then it works very slow than normal and takes much time to finish the work. Here, we will state that always use legit antivirus to protect the system from Search.aguea.com.
- Name – Search.aguea.com
- Type – browser hijacker
- IP Address – 126.96.36.199
- Distribution – Deceptive ads, Software bundling, Fake Installers, and Updaters.
- Symptoms – Intrusive advertisement which is rerouted to irrelevant links.
- Affected Browser – Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
- Danger – Privacy issues
- Removal – Always use a legit antivirus to protect the system.
How Search.aguea.com Affects The System
There are many ways in which Search.aguea.com can affect the browsers. In most cases, users are not aware of Search.aguea.com has been downloaded or has been installed in the system. Though, it is referred to as a potentially unwanted application that is unsafe for the user. AfterSearch.aguea.com gets downloaded in the system it starts hampering the system though users are instructed not to open any files, links, pdf which seems to be from unofficial sites. So always keep in mind to use legitimate antivirus tools to protect the system.
How To Remove Search.aguea.com
If you want to removeSearch.aguea.com from the system then you should have to read our post in which we have given all the possible measures on how users can remove the browser hijacker from the system. You can use two methods for removing Search.aguea.com. The first method is a manual method which is very lengthy and it takes more time to complete the work. In the process, the user has to take help from some IT professional which can solve the problem easily. The second method is an automatic method which is quite easy and can be done it my own. It does not require any professional to solve the problem. Other than that you can use our removal guide which we have suggested below.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to the right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to the “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then the “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose the “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to the right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and thereafter press on the “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under the permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present on the left side of the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to the “Permission” section then select the “Settings” option which is just next to the “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally, Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select the Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally, you need to select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on the right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “View advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on the “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- Click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to the “website” tab and then you need to choose the “Notification” section which is on the left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose the “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Search.aguea.com
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to click on the “Start” button ( windows logo at the bottom left corner of the screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on the “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally, Search and click on the “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right-click on the lower-left corner of the screen. Under the “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program, and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to click on the “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on the new screen which gets opened. Now select the “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right-click on the Trash icon and select to click on the “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Search.aguea.com is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use an anti-malware tool to scan a PC.
How to Remove Search.aguea.com from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Search.aguea.com removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Search.aguea.com still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Search.aguea.com plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Search.aguea.com removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Search.aguea.com add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware get inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select a legit website only while downloading any kind of free application. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.