Know More About SearchConverterPro ?
SearchConverterPro is an intrusive site which tries to present itself as a legitimate site. It changes the browser and redirects to dubious sites which contain deceptive content. Many security experts categorized it under browser hijacker. Its main motive is to show malicious content, dubious ads, change the browser settings and collect victim browsing data. It gets entered in the targeted computer without taking permission to users. When SearchConverterPro is installed then searchconverterpro.com starts showing lots of annoying advertisements like pop-ups, banners, coupons, commercial ads,etc. The main goal behind is to decrease the browsing experience of the users and generate unauthorized money on pay per click through boosting the web traffic on dubious sites. Sometimes these advertisements may cause the execution of malicious content that installs potentially unwanted programs.
SearchConverterPro can infect many popular and commonly used browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer ets. It changes the browser so abnormally by several modifications like Internet setting, homepage setting, task bar etc. It allocates default search engines and the homepage with a false searching site which can show unwanted and unreliable search results from other third party websites or may be generated by Bing or Yahoo. Browser hijackers also redirect users to questionable and malicious sites where it forces the users to download or install the program which comes from third party software download which the hacker can earn illegal revenue on each download.
SearchConverterPro has the capability to disable the system security and privacy through inactivate task manager, control panel and legit antivirus program. It also installs different browser extensions, plug-ins and add-on into the browser. It also gathers information related to your private or confidential data like passwords, geolocation, IP Address, bank account details etc and further it can be sold to cyber criminals to identity theft. Some examples of browser hijackers are Runessm.online, Financeflick.com, Continue-site.site, Eschildavs.space So,it is strongly recommended to remove SearchConverterPro as soon as possible because it can harm your computer badly in future. Always use legit antivirus software to protect your system from browser hijacker.
- Name – SearchConverterPro
- Type – Browser Hijacker, Redirect
- Symptoms – Default search engine, new tab, Victims are forced to visit hijacker website
- IP Address – 22.214.171.124
- Domain Name – searchconverterpro.com
- Registered – It was created on 2020, and will expire on 2022
- Distribution Method – Free software installers, intrusive pop-ups ads
- Damages – Privacy issues, Display of unwanted ads
- Removal – It is possible through a legit antivirus software.
How SearchConverterPro Installs In The System
SearchConverterPro is mostly installed on the computer without taking permission from users. Many cyber criminals send various types of spam emails which contain malicious content in it. They can be in any format like PDF document, ZIP files, MS word etc. It also gets downloaded on the system because some users install or download the program from other third party software bundles. Bundling is the special marketing tool which is a type of weapon for hackers to earn revenue from illegal methods. Thus, it is recommended not to open the links or emails from unofficial sources. Use a legit antivirus software to protect the computer from SearchConverterPro.
Removal Tips For SearchConverterPro
If you want to get rid of browser hijacker then you have come to a legit page which can guide you to remove SearchConverterPro. Here we will give the complete guidance under two methods.
Automatic Method – This method is very friendly to use because it does not require any technical knowledge. You just have to follow our method which we have given below.
Manual Method – This method requires knowledge of how computers work because it has some minute things which can only be understood by technical experts. This process is time consuming and it is somehow lengthy.
Prevention Tips for SearchConverterPro
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove SearchConverterPro
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as SearchConverterPro is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove SearchConverterPro from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to SearchConverterPro removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If SearchConverterPro still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove SearchConverterPro plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in SearchConverterPro removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete SearchConverterPro add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.