What is Secret-video.online?
Has your homepage redirected to Secret-video.online? If you are looking for a removal part then you are at the appropriate site with the ultimate removal guide. You just have to read our post till the end and you will be able to understand then you can go with the manual steps to remove Secret-video.online from the browser. First of all, do not forget to scan the system with the legitimate antivirus to clean the computer. So, Let’s begin with our guide. Secret-video.online is an intrusive browser hijacker that hijacks all the other web browsers, it also modifies and alters the new tab, default homepage, and search engine so on. This browser hijacker is very similar to Android-recaptcha.info.The hackers promote the intrusive website as quite helpful for a homepage but it is not found correct by any means. Thus, the main purpose of hackers is to collect all sorts of data from the system for advertising purposes. Therefore, it also collects Geolocation, IP Addresses, Searched Queries, Viewed Results towards displaying ads.
Name – Secret-video.online
Type – Browser Hijacker
Domain Name – SECRET-ONLINE.VIDEO
Registered – It was created in 2019, updated in 2020, and will expire in 2021.
Symptoms – It modifies the default home page, new tab URLs
IP Address – 220.127.116.11
Affected Browser – Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Removal – It is possible through our removal guide
What Are The Impacts Of Secret-video.online
Secret-video.online is a fake browser hijacker that enters the system without the user’s consent. It changes the default search engine, new Tab settings. Secret-video.online is categorized under browser hijacker whereas it states that it is a legit alternative for searching the result and it gives the best result for searching through the website. Sometimes its behavior is very rogue and intrusive. Thus, Secret-video.online has been classified under Potentially Unwanted Programs. That’s why some of the creators are using methods like freeware of software, software bunding, deceptive ads which leads to installing rogue websites. Thus, if potentially unwanted programs are installed in the system, then the hackers take the control of all the browsing sessions when the users start surfing the net. This will leads to displays numerous advertisements. Secret-video.online might look like an effective search engine but if the user leaves it once a while it will bombard the web browser with lots of spam advertisements. Likewise, it starts showing offers, discounts, coupons, and so on. Secret-video.online also gives a push notification like Click ALLOW To Close The Page. Hence, If you do not want to harm your system, you should always ignore the advertisement that Secret-video.online generates. Last but not least users should always use legit antivirus software to protect the system.
Removal Steps For Secret-video.online
If you are willing to get rid of Secret-video.online you should follow our removal guide which we have suggested below. Otherwise, you can use it through by following the steps. Therefore the first steps you can use by using a manual step. This step is lengthy and cannot be done by itself whereas it requires a professional who can finish the removal process and the second step you can use is an automatic step. This step is easy and can be done by itself only whereas it does not require any professional. Al last, you should always use a legit antimalware tool to protect the system.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to the right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to the “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then the “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose the “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to the right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and thereafter press on the “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under the permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present on the left side of the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to the “Permission” section then select the “Settings” option which is just next to the “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally, Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select the Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally, you need to select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on the right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “View advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on the “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- Click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to the “website” tab and then you need to choose the “Notification” section which is on the left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose the “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Secret-video.online
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to click on the “Start” button ( windows logo at the bottom left corner of the screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on the “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally, Search and click on the “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right-click on the lower-left corner of the screen. Under the “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program, and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to click on the “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on the new screen which gets opened. Now select the “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right-click on the Trash icon and select to click on the “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Secret-video.online is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use an anti-malware tool to scan a PC.
How to Remove Secret-video.online from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Secret-video.online removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Secret-video.online still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Secret-video.online plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Secret-video.online removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Secret-video.online add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware get inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select a legit website only while downloading any kind of free application. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.