Do you wan to remove TigerMovieSearch?
Unable to get rid of it? TigerMovieSearch is a nasty browser hijacker which promotes itself as a search engine. Many of the users either knowingly or unknowingly install this fake search engine as they do not have any idea about it. As soon as this search engine is installed, it will replace the homepage, default search engine and new tab page as well. Soon users will find their browser rerouting to tigermoviessearch.com. The motive behind this strategy is that TigerMovieSearch vendors want to drive and generate maximum traffic on to this website. This is nothing more than a black hat strategy to bring their website and fake search engine in organic ranking. If you have noticed any of the changes on your browser and if you are able to find TigerMovieSearch as default search engine instead of Google, Yahoo and Bing then its for sure that your browser has been hijacked. There are two different strategies which work in this case. Firstly the search will be fetched from legit search engine and in the second case the redirect will fetch results from fake search engines depending upon the users geolocation and ip address. If the search results are fetched from legit search engine it will be fetched from search.yahoo.com. But in case if fake results are being fetched then users will be receiving the results from search.onlinebars.xyz
TigerMovieSearch is presented as a free, ad-supported software program that attempts to improve user interaction with various sites by providing different types of advertisements. however, the official page, TigerMovieSearch.com, is not the only source to download the program. The site is not active, and this is no surprise. You use the application, that is, click on the ads at your own risk, and if you want to reduce the risk of being directed to unsafe websites, you must remove TigerMovieSearch from your computer.
|Type||Redirect Virus, Fake Search Engine|
|Affected Browsers||Chrome, IE, FF, Safari, EDGE|
|Similar Behavior||SearchConverterPro, Continue-site.site|
|Will Expire on||2022-09-08|
|Description||TigerMovieSearch is a fake search engine that will redirect the browser to TigerMovieSearch.com|
|Removal||Follow our Removal Guide|
How TigerMovieSearch Get Installed on Chrome, FF, IE, EDGE, Safari Browsers
In addition to TigerMovieSearch, there may be many other applications installed on your computer at the same time. This fake search engine always comes bundled with other freeware programs, so chances are you will have more than just a potentially unwanted application installed on your computer. however, it would not be surprising to find it bundled with other software. To remove TigerMovieSearch ads and other spam content, you must remove TigerMovieSearch from the system, and the sooner you do this, the better. In both cases, you need to remove TigerMovieSearch. You have to do everything in your power to protect your system from being harmed. It is up to you to decide what to do, but we consider that removal of this hijacker is the smartest decision.
There are several deceptive websites promoted by adware programs. These labels do not indicate that advertisements belong to or are endorsed by TigerMovieSearch. In fact, it is possible that as soon as you click on an ad, you will be redirected to a site that has nothing beneficial. However, TigerMovieSearch does none of this.
How To Remove TigerMovieSearch
You can remove TigerMovieSearch from your computer The easiest way to remove TigerMovieSearch is to scan the system with a anti-malware tool. If you are already convinced that you should remove TigerMovieSearch from your computer, we advise you to manually delete it and then scan your system with a reliable anti-malware tool because manual removal guidelines can be lengthy to follow and also time consuming.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove TigerMovieSearch
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as TigerMovieSearch is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove TigerMovieSearch from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to TigerMovieSearch removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If TigerMovieSearch still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove TigerMovieSearch plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in TigerMovieSearch removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete TigerMovieSearch add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.