What is Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen ?
Is your system performing weirdly? Are you noticing any malicious activities on PC? Are you aware of Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen ? In this world of cyber crime, Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is known to play an important role. It is detected as infamous trojan horse which is capable to invade PC stealthily. It performs several malicious activities on the compromised PC to degrade the machine manifolds. It was detected long back inthe year 2017by the Kaspersky Researchers but it is active even today and the countdown to infect PC is not over yet and is still on. Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is so noxious in its intent and action that it remains hidden within the files and folders and goes undetected. It is quite capable to avoid and go undetected by security measures preinstalled on the device.
|TYPE||Trojan horse, Malware|
|DISTRIBUTION||through Spam email campaigns, other malware, downloading infected files|
|SYMPTOMS||Runs in the background causing degraded performance of the machine, installs other files and programs|
|MAIN DANGER||Can access data stored on the device and steal other credentials, files, infect the computer with malware|
|Removal||Follow Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen Removal Guide|
Why Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is harmful for Windows Machine?
Once it starts running and execute itself, it appears that Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is communicating with remote servers and that is where the public key and private key are generated. It is directly responsible for fraudulent activities causing financial scam of Internet users. Frankly speaking you don’t need a very complex analysis to see that Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is a direct clone of Malicious software programs usually deny access to the desktop and degrading the performance of the system. It works by exploiting kits are especially dangerous tools that can exploit security holes in various software applications to distribute malware. Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen can do anything possible just to mislead users.
How Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen Spreads from One PC to others
The most common way to get spread is through malicious mails and spam attachments. If you are getting mails from unknown senders no matter how legit it might appear, you need to be careful. As such email contains vicious links and archive files as attachments. Most of the users get tricked and end up in opening such mails and clicking on the suspicious links thus ending up in downloading Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen on to their system.
Aftermaths of Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen
If, for whatever reason, you download the fake .exe file of the supposed flash player, it will make certain modifications to the Windows registry and add two files to your computer. Another thing is that Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen goes on to the extent of downloading ransomware and malware on to the compromised system. As you might be knowing Ransomware such as LOWPRICE Ransomware is a data locking malware that requires users to able to pay the ransom to the hackers for getting the data unlocked. In fact, you have to do it before the deadline runs out and they destroy the personal key, which is essential to be able to decrypt your locked or enciphered files
How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen ?
It is necessary to get rid of Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen and related malicious programs. users just need to follow the manual removal steps. However, in order to use manual steps you need to have technical computing skills and plenty of time. Even a slight mistake can hamper the registry entries thus making the system damaged and corrupt permanently. So it is better to use Automatic steps as mentioned on our site. All you have to do is to download and install free scanner on the system and scan your PC using legit anti-spyware tool.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Trojan.Win32.Cometer.gen add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.