Introduction To Tutu Ransomware
Tutu Ransomware is a malicious software program belonging to the Dharma family. Its main goal is to encrypt your important files, making them inaccessible and demanding ransom payment for their decryption keys. Here are the details of its key features:
- Encrypt files: Tutu targets a variety of file types like photos, documents, videos, and more, making them unusable with a strong encryption algorithm.
- Renames files: This adds a unique extension to encrypted files, which often contain the victim's ID and the attacker's contact information. For example, "your_photo.jpg" could become "your_photo.jpg.id-123456.[[email protected]].tutu".
- Displays ransom notes: Tutu usually displays pop-up messages and creates text files ("README!.txt") explaining the situation and asking for a ransom in cryptocurrency (usually Bitcoin) to regain access to your files. Demands payment.
- Spreads through vulnerabilities: It often infiltrates systems through weak Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) configurations, exploiting poor password management or outdated software.
Threat Analysis Of Tutu Ransomware
|Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files Locker
|Strong algorithm like AES-256 or RSA-2048
|Encrypted Files Extension
|Ransom note name
|This Ransomware will encrypt your data by adding a “.tutu” extension to the file names and demand a ransom amount for the decryption key.
Signs Of Tutu Ransomware Infection
Recognizing the symptoms of Tutu ransomware infection immediately is important to minimize the damage and initiate quick recovery steps. Here are some of the most important or key indicators to pay attention to:
- File Inaccessibility: The most noticeable sign is that your essential files, like photos, documents, videos, and more, are becoming inaccessible. They may still appear on your system, but opening them will result in error messages or unclear content.
- Change file extensions: Tutu renames encrypted files by adding a unique extension, which often contains the victim's ID and the attacker's contact information. Look for unfamiliar extensions associated with your files, such as ".id-123456.[[email protected]].tutu".
- Ransom Note: Tutu typically displays pop-up messages or creates text files ("README!.txt") explaining the situation and demanding a ransom payment in cryptocurrency for file decryption. These notes will usually include instructions on how to contact the attackers.
- System performance issues: You may experience unusual system slowdown, increased disk activity, or unresponsive applications due to resource consumption by the encryption process.
How Does Tutu Ransomware Get On Your PC?
Unfortunately, Tutu Ransomware can infiltrate your PC through various tactics. Here are some of the most common or general entry points:
- Weak RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol): Many users expose their computers to remote access via RDP without proper security measures, such as strong passwords or two-factor authentication. Hackers exploit these vulnerabilities to gain access and deploy this ransomware.
- Phishing emails: Deceptive emails with malicious attachments or embedded links are a classic technique to lure users into downloading malware. Clicking on such links or opening infected attachments may silently install Tutu on your system.
- Drive-by downloads: Visiting compromised websites or clicking on suspicious ads can trigger the automatic download of malware to your PC without your knowledge.
- Pirated Software and Cracks: Downloading illegal software or using cracks to bypass license checks puts you at a higher risk of installing malware bundled with legitimate-looking programs.
How To Remove Tutu Ransomware From Your PC?
If you see any of these signs on your computer, as we mentioned above, it is very important to take action to remove this ransomware from your PC. So if you want to remove Tutu ransomware from your PC then click on the link below and follow the steps mentioned.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Step 1 Remove Tutu Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
Step 2 Delete Tutu Ransomware using “System Restore”
Step 1 Remove Tutu Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
Windows XP and Windows 7 users:
First of all Reboot the PC in “Safe Mode”. For this users need to Click on “Start” option and then continuously Tap on F8 during the start process. Then a “Windows Advanced Option” menu will appear on the screen. Now Choose “Safe Mode with Networking” from the listed options.
This will open a new Windows homescreen and your PC or work-station will be working on “Safe Mode with Networking”.
For Windows 8
First Go to Start Screen. Now type “Advanced” after selecting settings within the searched results Within the “General PC Settings” option, Select “Advanced startup” option. Then click on the “Restart Now” option. This will boot work-station to “Advanced Startup Option Menu”. Now Press on “Troubleshoot” and then “Advanced options” button. Then under “Advanced Option Screen”, You need to press on “Startup Settings”. Now again, click on “Restart” button. This will restart PC or Work-station with “Startup Setting” screen. You need to tap F5 to boot in Safe Mode in Networking.
For Windows 10
First of all click on Windows logo by clicking on the “Power” icon. This will open a new menu. Select “Restart” by constantly keeping “Shift” button pressed on keyboard. Once the new Window open Select on “Troubleshoot” as advanced option. Within the startup settings users need to press on “Restart” by clicking on F5 button of the keyboard.
Step:2 How To Delete Tutu Ransomware using System Restore
For this you need to log in on the PC which is compromised by Tutu Ransomware. Now open any browser and download legit anti-malware software. Once installed you need to undergo complete system scan. Thereafter remove the infected and suspicious entries which are detected.
Suppose if you are unable to start PC in “Safe Mode with Networking”, you need not worry. Try “System Restore” Process
Continuously tap F8 Key during “Startup” and then “Advanced Option” menu will appear. Now from the given list of option you need to select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and hit on Enter button.
Within new open window of command prompt, type “cd restore” and then click “Enter”
Now type rstrui.exe and then press “ENTER”
In the new opened Window Click on “Next” option.
You can select and choose any of the “Restore Points” and click on Next (This would restore your PC to earlier period before Tutu Ransomware invasion when it was working fine.)
Press on “Yes” in new opened Window.
As soon as your PC gets restored to its previous time, download the suggested anti-malware tool and perform a deep scanning in order to remove Tutu Ransomware infected files if still present on the the work-station.
If you want to restore each file separately which is infected by this ransomware, kindly use “Windows Previous Version” feature. This step is most effective whenever “System Restore Function” is enabled on the PC or work-station.
Important Note: Some variants of Tutu Ransomware delete the “Shadow Volume Copies” so in such cases this feature may not work all the time and will work in specific cases only.
Know How To Restore Encrypted Files Individually
If you want to restore an individual file, you need to right click on it and then go to “Properties”. Now Select “Previous Version” tab. then Choose a “Restore Point” and finally click on “Restore” option.
If you want to access the files encrypted by Tutu Ransomware, alternatively you can try “Shadow Explorer”. To know more details on this application, Click here.
Important: Data Encryption Ransomware are very devastating and hence it is always better to take necessary precautions to avoid any attack on your work-station or PC. We recommend using a powerful anti-malware tool for real time protection. “SpyHunter”, “Enigma group policy objects” are enabled in the registries so that it can block harmful infections such as Tutu Ransomware.
Also, it is highly important to get a very unique feature called “Fall Creators Update” installed on Windows 10. This would ensure to offer “Controlled Folder Access” feature to block any kind of encryption of the data files. Using this feature all the files stored in their default locations are safe.
How To Recover Files Encrypted by Tutu Ransomware
You would have understood now that how you can remove the scripts and payloads of personal files that got encrypted due to Tutu Ransomware in order to protect your personal files which were fortunately not damaged or encrypted till now. If you are unable to retrieve the locked files, using “System Restore” and “Shadow Volume Copies” you must try using a Data Recovery Software.
Step 1: Download Data Recovery Software
Step 3: Click to Accept to agree the terms and agreement.
Step 4: Once installed, this program will be ready to execute. Now select the file you want to recover
Step 5: Select the drive on which the recovery tool is to be run upon. Then click on Scan option
Step 6: This will show Scan in progress bar