Have you ever come across Verti-search.com ? Has it taken over your web browser? If yes then you need to get rid of Verti-search.com which is a nasty search engine belonging to the family of Browser hijackers. This works similar to browser hijacker as it brings fake traffic by redirection to promote itself. These strategies are adopted by its vendors just to drive traffic in order to become popular, else it would be simply ignored. It behaves weirdly by modifying the web browser settings. It changes the homepage, default search engine as well as new tab page of the browser. This is why Verti-search.com is quite annoying as it sets Verti-search.com by replacing the default homepage. For example if your default homepage was set to Google, it would be intruded and replaced by Verti-search.com. The search results could never be trusted because it would be of low or inferior quality. The fetched search results would consist of ads and sponsored links. users will hardly find any organic results and listings whenever any keyword or terms are being searched.
- Name: Verti-search.com
- Type: Browser Hijacker, Fake Search Engine
- Distribution: Deceptive techniques such as bundling, fake installers / updaters
- Symptoms: Changes homepge, new tab page, Search engine to Verti-search.com
- Removal: Follow our manual and Automatic Verti-search.com Removal Guide
How Verti-search.com Distributes Itself
It uses all sorts of deceptive methods to distribute itself to Windows PC and to other devices as well. It reroutes the web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla, IE and Edge to advertisements related website. It goes unnoticed while getting installed using bundling and through fake installers and updaters. Bundling is the process by which Verti-search.com mainly gets installed within the system along with other installed programs and applications. Some of the potentially unwanted programs help Verti-search.com to sneak within the system as users do not pay close attention while installing them. They simply accept the Terms and Conditions without reading the EULA or End Users License Agreement. Also due to installation of potentially unwanted programs in the browser, users get multiple ads in form of coupons, banners, pop-ups and in line text that clearly promotes Verti-search.com. If any of these are clicked upon, the browser will get rerouted to this very site.
Why Verti-search.com is not goods for Safety of PC?
Their main motive of such ads is to drive traffic to Verti-search.com either by hook or crook. Now once the users land on this search engine they will have no option other than accepting its terms and conditions. The pop-up message will read that Verti-search.com wants to Show Notification. If users happen to click on Allow they will end up in subscribing to its services. It is clearly stated at the footer Any third party products, brands or trademarks listed here are the sole property of their respective owners. This clearly means that Verti-search.com won’t be responsible for any discrepancies if it happens. One cannot hold it accountable. It can track all the browsing data such as web browser history, search terms and keywords, cookies, IP Address Geolocation etc. Such information can easily be collected and then transferred to third party vendors who can mutualize them.
How to Remove Verti-search.com ?
Verti-search.com is not so simple to get removed easily. It is supported by its related hijacker such as FreeSearchMusic, BestSearchPDF that prevent it from uninstalling its plug-ins from the browser. So users need to follow our removal guide carefully as mentioned the way in the post below.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to the right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to the “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then the “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose the “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to the right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and thereafter press on the “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under the permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present on the left side of the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to the “Permission” section then select the “Settings” option which is just next to the “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally, Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select the Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select the “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally, you need to select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on the right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “View advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on the “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- Click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to the “website” tab and then you need to choose the “Notification” section which is on the left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose the “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Verti-search.com
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to click on the “Start” button ( windows logo at the bottom left corner of the screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on the “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally, Search and click on the “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right-click on the lower-left corner of the screen. Under the “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program, and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to click on the “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on the new screen which gets opened. Now select the “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right-click on the Trash icon and select to click on the “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Verti-search.com is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use an anti-malware tool to scan a PC.
How to Remove Verti-search.com from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Verti-search.com removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Verti-search.com still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Verti-search.com plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Verti-search.com removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Verti-search.com add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware get inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select a legit website only while downloading any kind of free application. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.