What is VideoSearchz ?
VideoSearchz is a potentially unwanted application that claims and promotes itself as a browser extension. The users have reported that their homepage, search engine as well as new tab page soon changed to feed.videosearchz.com once VideoSearchz got installed. The default search engine is known to be replaced and the homepage gets set as video-searchz.com. The interface of this website appears as a search toolbar and its mentioned search the web with a search button slightly below. When the users happen to use this search bar it gets rerouted to Yahoo search engine. So it is clear that the searched results and queries are fetched from Searchlee.com and Yahoo (search.yahoo.com) which is a search engine and is legit.
Besides there is an option to create PDF by simply using the drop and drag option. Besides there is a currency convertor, Crypto Convertor, calculator and option to add any site as bookmark within the videoSearch Toolbar. These options might appear to be somewhat minor and unwanted for users if they do not want to use these features and functionalities. So if you do not want to get results which are fetched by VideoSearchz or to get your browser’s settings modified, better remove VideoSearchz from your browser and system as a whole. Although it is not a virus or malware by any means but what is the point in having this unwanted application present on the system and other similar browser hijackers such as FlashSearch, Cloud1.pw, SweetPlayer Virus.
- Name : VideoSearchz
- Type : PUP, Browser redirect virus
- Related domain: video-searchz.com
- Fake Search Engine: feed.videosearchz.com
- IP Address: 220.127.116.11
- Symptoms: Search Engine, Homepage, New Tab page of the browser gets replaced without permission
- Removal: It is possible to Remove VideoSearchz using Legit Antivirus
Annoying Impacts of VideoSearchz
- It changes the search engine, default homepage, new tab page of the browser
- it shows deceptive ads which can redirect browser to third party affiliate websites
- The vendors of VideoSearchz earn profit by making users click on these ads
- It is known to collect browser related data such as IP address, Geolocation, cookies, browser history etc.
- Ads are designed in such a way that they seek users’ attraction.
- It is very likely that it will ruin your browsing session and you will not be able to surf internet without being interrupted.
How VideoSearchz Enters PC?
VideoSearchz comes bundled with other programs, this means that you must be very attentive, or it will install several free programs. The browser add-on displays coupons and other pop-ups from third party vendor’s website. Sometimes you may find that searched queries provides you with advertisements that are not related to the search terms. it records your search terms, the websites you visit, information about your internet browsers and the like. VideoSearchz installs a Browser Helper Object (BHO) and downloads it on a regular basis. If you follow this advice, you are likely to be able to avoid similar programs in the future.
However, if VideoSearchz is already installed on your computer, you can expect a stream of pop-up ads whenever you browse popular online shopping sites, It means that the program travels with other applications, for example, freeware to enter your system.
How to Remove VideoSearchz
If you do not want to face any browsing better remove VideoSearchz using manual removal guide included in the post below. However do not forget to scan your PC with a reliable antimalware tool.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove VideoSearchz
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as VideoSearchz is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove VideoSearchz from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to VideoSearchz removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If VideoSearchz still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove VideoSearchz plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in VideoSearchz removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete VideoSearchz add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.