What is Winnerwinner.net
Have you come across Winnerwinner.net? Did you pay some sort of payment as part of fee to claim your prize? Did you ever entered a lottery competition in an attempt to win unexpected prize? Actually Winnerwinner.net is a gambling website which asks users to go for scratch and win card as Match 3 to win and claim huge prizes. Such notifications often come across via social media platforms emails, text messages or even by phone calls. Although the website Winnerwinner.net might appear to be legitimate but users often get redirected on to this very site through potentially unwanted program which might be installed in the browser. Once users land on this web page they get attracted with the interface and in an attempt to win the prize money end up giving their personal details such as name, address and bank account details.
Eventually such information might be misused by unknown hackers and hacking groups behind this scam. Many of the users who love to gamble will definitely like the interface of the website but for those who do not wish to take risk and gamble must certainly stay away as they can end up in getting duped. There is no guarantee that users will win themselves claimed prize money as clicking on the links may redirect users to some other landing page exposing them to risk of cyber fraud. Winnerwinner.net offers links that appear as Affiliate strategy. Yes its true that Winnerwinner.net will claim to offer services for the users. It will ask users to generate links which contains a specific user code with unique id. Once the link is generated users will even receive a small amount of fee which can only be used if users subscribe to Winnerwinner.net. So continue reading this post to know how to remove Winnerwinner.net to stay safe.
If you do not want your browser to be redirected to some other website and on the landing page then it is better not to visit Winnerwinner.net. you shouldn’t be surprised to find that your home page has been changed to some third party site without your knowledge. This means that there is a possibility that you can click on them when looking for some information and so you can even be redirected to unreliable sites, where different types of malicious components may be hidden. This means that the installation file is most often hidden within downloaders and third-party installers. We cannot trust an application that does not have a direct download link.
Impacts of Winnerwinner.net
However soon home page will get changed to Winnerwinner.net at first, the page may look like an gambling website that still allows you to customize the page to your liking. Some of these could include malicious tracking cookies, browser helper objects and similar technologies to spy on your virtual activity. Some search engines may even make changes without your permission. It is very likely that you will be inundated with sponsored links that would expose you to commercial and even potentially harmful content. Also certain amount of money which the users have to pay to claim the lottery amount will go to the kitty of hackers instead of giving the prize money to users.
How To Remove Winnerwinner.net
Manual removal will help you to remove Winnerwinner.net on your computer also it is advised not to visit such gambling websites as this may constantly expose visitors to potential threats to your computer’s security and you must avoid them, you need to get rid of this browser hijacker. however, you should know that you can remove redirect virus by scanning your system with a reliable antimalware tool.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove Winnerwinner.net
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as Winnerwinner.net is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove Winnerwinner.net from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to Winnerwinner.net removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If Winnerwinner.net still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove Winnerwinner.net plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in Winnerwinner.net removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete Winnerwinner.net add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.