Know More About YTDownloader
YTDownloader is a specific tool which is used to download the video from YouTube and various other sharing websites. This type of software is very legitimate and is located in the subfolder in path “C:\Program Files (x86)” or C:\Program Files (x86)\YTDownloader. It is classified as potentially unwanted programs i.e. PUPs. This association is made due to untrustworthy software marketing methods indulged by the developers through other third party applications from ongoing software which the user has chosen to download. YTDownloader often redirects to suspicious websites containing malicious content, hence the system will become at high risk of infectious viruses. This type of unwanted program tracks very fast of your internet browsing activity and collects various software and hardware information. Collected information can include your Internet protocol (IP) address for locating users area, URL visited, which pages viewed, no of searches entered. This may record the data of personal identities which is very rogue therefore, this type of unwanted programs can lead your computer to serious privacy issues and may also contain identity theft.
Also Read : How To Remove ProSearchConverter
Bundling of data is very famous among developers of potentially unwanted programs. Developers claim to give the users useful features however, their motive is not to give the users great features they mostly install offensive content. The purpose of giving the nasty feature to users through YTDownloader is to simply earn revenue by displaying ads and sharing collected data to third parties. Usually people download this type of unwanted programs through free adware. Right after the downloading software, the application starts with YTDownloader.exe within the task manager and protects the file by manually disabed. Many cyber security professionals suggested that this YTDownlaoder is very nasty because it steals the data and gives the information to hackers. So, before downloading this type of unwanted program you should have the legit antivirus software installer in your system [PC / Laptop].
- Name – YTDownloader
- Type – PUP, Adware
- Developer: Goobzo Ltd.
- Domain– YTDownloader.com
- Description – Generates unreliable offers and misleading search results.
- Symptoms – Browsers will act slow because of multiple online ads .
- Distribution – Compromised websites, very nasty pop-ups ads, email spamming, torrent files.
- Registered – It was created in 2009, updated in 2020 and will expire in 2021.
- IP Address – 220.127.116.11
- Removal – To remove YTDownloader you have to use a legit antivirus software.
- Damage – Leak of private information, Loss of revenue, Identity theft.
How YTDownloader Affected My System
On the arrival of YTDownloader it drops files and the entries on your computer. This is the method how the system gets affected. It uses your browsing history and then starts giving you ads frequently like offers, gift vouchers etc. This adware can display ads that can be attractive to you by clicking on the ads you can get trapped in YTDownloader. With the running ads your preinstalled antivirus can’t stop from this type of unwanted program. As long as you are connected to the internet YTDownloader is free to fetch the data from your system.
How To Delete YTDownloader
When you know you have been affected by potentially unwanted programs you should firstly turn off the internet and use a legit antivirus software to protect from YTDownloader. To delete the PUPs from your computer you should follow the methods given below. You can choose any method –
- Automatic method
- Manually method
Prevention Tips For YTDownloader –
You should be very careful while surfing / browsing the internet and to avoid installing/ updating from unofficial sites, sharing platforms, peer to peer networks. They can harm your system badly. You should block the sender’s address. Avoid opening any attachment links from your mailbox. Check Anti-spam filter is enabled or not. To protect your system you should always use reliable antivirus software from time to time and scan your computer on a permanent basis from YTDownloader.
Details of Antimalware with User’s Guide
Important Note: This virus seeks users to enable the web browser notifications. So, before opting for the manual removal process, execute these steps.
For Google Chrome (PC)
- Users need to Go to right upper corner of the screen and find three dots and click there open the Menu button
- Now in order to Select “Settings”. users need to Scroll the mouse downward to choose as “Advanced” option.
- Then Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward. Once done you need to select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Now Find all suspicious URLs and select and click on three dots on the right side
- Now all you have to do is to choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Firstly users should Go to right upper corner of the screen
- Then click on three dots in order to open the menu button and again click on “Settings”
- Now scroll down further to click on “site settings” and there after press on “notifications” option
- This would open a new window, now you need to choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- under permission section, users need to select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- At the right corner of the screen, users can find three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Now you need to Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” for the toolbar which is present in the left side on the screen
- Now you need to Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then select “Settings” option which is just next to “Notifications”
- This will open a new window, So now select all the suspicious URLs. Finally Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block” option
From Internet Explorer
- Open and select Internet Explorer window, then you need to select the Gear button which is present at the right corner
- Then Choose “Internet Options”
- users need to Select “Privacy” tab and then click on “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Finally you need to Select all the suspicious URLs and click on the “Remove” option one by one.
In Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows PC. Then click on the three dots which can be found on right corner of the screen to open the menu option
- Now Scroll down to select “Settings”
- Then further Scroll down to select “view advanced settings”
- Under the option of “Website Permission”, users should click on “Manage” options.
- Now Click on switch under for each and every suspicious URL.
For Safari (Mac)
- click on “Safari” On the upper right side corner, select “Preferences”
- Now Go to “website” tab and then you need to choose “Notification” section which is on left pane
- Then Search for all the suspicious URLs and finally choose “Deny” option one by one.
Complete Manual Steps to Remove YTDownloader
For Windows 7 Users
The first step is to Click on “Start” button ( windows logo at bottom left corner of screen), Now select “Control Panel”. Then Locate the “Programs” and finally click on “Uninstall Program” option.
Windows XP Users
Firstly Click on “Start” and then select on “Settings”.
Now click on “Control Panel”.
Finally Search and click on “Add or Remove Program” option.
Windows 10 and 8 Users
Firstly right click on to the lower left corner of the screen. Under “Quick Access” menu, you need to choose “Control Panel”. This would open a new window, select “Program and Features” to find any suspicious program and remove them.
For Mac OSX Users
users need to Click on “Finder” option. Then select “Application” on new screen which gets opened. Now select “Application” folder and drag the app to “Trash”. Finally right click on the Trash icon and select to click on “Empty Trash” option.
under uninstall programs window, look for any potentially unwanted application. Once found select all the unwanted and suspicious entries. Then finally click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
Once all the PUA and adware such as YTDownloader is uninstalled, it is advised to scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs which might be hidden. It is recommended to use anti-malware tool to scan PC.
How to Remove YTDownloader from Internet Browsers
Steps to Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from Internet Explorer
You need to Click on the gear icon which is at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Now Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search and check for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and then click on “Remove” option.
If you are still experiencing issues related to YTDownloader removal, then you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: First of all Press on “Start” and then click “Run”. In the newly opened window, you need to type “inetcpl.cpl” and then click on the “Advanced” tab and now press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, you need to type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the start search box and press enter. This will open a new window, here click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Double click to Open IE and then click on the “gear” icon. Select and Choose “Internet Options”
“Advanced” tab is to be selected in the new window
now Press and click “Reset” option
“Reset” button is to be presses again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
How to Remove suspicious and unwanted Extension from Google Chrome
Under menu option of Google Chrome, press on three vertical dots and then select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. Users need to search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If YTDownloader still persists or in case if users experience any issue in removing it, then opt to reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dot points which is at the top right corner and then choose “Settings”. you need to Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
You can notice the “Reset” option is there at the bottom. Now click on it.
Within then next opened window, one needs to confirm to reset the Google Chrome settings by clicking on the “Reset” button.
Remove YTDownloader plugins (including all other suspicious plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
First of all Open the Firefox browser, under menu you need to select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Now Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you experience problems in YTDownloader removal then reset the settings option in Mozilla Firefox. For this users need to Open the browser (FF) and now click on the “menu” and then click on “Help“.
Now Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
Now confirm and reset the Mozilla Firefox to its default settings by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
How To Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
In order to accomplish this task, Open Safari browser and then go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Now Click on the “Extension” and check all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall” on the selected extension.
Users need to Open the “Safari” and go to menu. Under the drop-down menu, select “Clear History and Website Data”.
within new opened window, you need to select “All History” option and then press on “Clear History” to Delete it.
Delete YTDownloader add-ons from Microsoft Edge Browser
First of all Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”.
Open Microsoft Edge Browser and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Now select on “show more” and select all and then click on “Clear” button.
Mostly, Potentially Unwanted Program and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only select legit website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Now select custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.